Reading A Week 14 Ramayana

Rama Confronts the Ocean:

To begin, I want to keep this story in its original time period! I love the setting of the Ramayana so I am going to maintain it. Next, i am seeing may opportunities for imagery. "armor adorned with celestial jewels" Next, i could look up weapons that are prominent weapons in indian stories and assign them to the Raksasas. I would use dialogue and simplified language to create a simpler and easier to read story line. I will create an aura about Vibhishana that makes him super likeable. This will create a stronger conflict between opinions. There are several paragraphs without any dialogue and it starts to get boring to read.. I will add in more character personality! Toward the end, I could add much more imagery in the scene with the ocean. Lastly, I would need to find a way to shorten it. This particular story is very long to read.

(Ocean. Taken from pexels)

Ramayana by Krishna Dharma

Comments