Week 8 Reading and Writing

Looking back at all of my blogs, I feel like I have begun to find the best note taking methods for myself. I began by listing out the events of the stories, almost verbatim. This did not help me gather my thoughts and arrange ideas on how I could shape the stories myself. I have begun to take notes in a more natural way. As I am reading, any connection I draw or concept I come up with I immediately write down so I won't forget. My notes tend to be sporadic, but it works for me! My favorite story this far has either been "Sita's Story" or "The House of Fire." The reason I like these is because I have begun to find my capabilities as a writer and my language begins to show through in these stories. My greatest accomplishment has been hearing in my comments that readers can visualize the setting!

(Rama and Sita. Taken from Wikimedia Commons)

I love this picture because it is a depiction of one of my favorite stories we have read so far. The Story of Rama and Sita is such a roller coaster and I have loved to rewrite their story. 

Looking forward, I am excited for hearing the feedback that I get from both students and instructor alike. I have received so many helpful comments this far and I look forward to seeing how I can improve my stories further. 

Comments