Reading Notes: Week 9 Mahabharata B

The Year of Disguise:
The first thing I thought reading this story is the scene in Harry Potter when Hermione, Ron and Harry and drink the potion in order to appear as someone else. I think this could be a fun way to spin this story. I could set it in Hogwarts and give them a purpose for changing their appearance. The end of the story is a little gory for me, so I might just use something more "magical" to kill Kichaka. This fits the theme more anyway.

The Reunion of the Bharatas:
I talked about retelling this last week. I would create this picture of a mountain that they are climbing: the trees, wildflowers, streams. And then I can describe the hell and heaven they talk about in the story. Lastly, this reunion would be filled with dialogue and rejoicing!

(Disguise. Taken from WikimediaCommons.)

Comments