Topic Brainstorm/Research

For my first story brainstorm, I have chosen "Weapons of the Gods." I do not know much about this topic, aside from what I have read in the Ramayana so far. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I have always been an avid reader. One of my favorite authors is Dan Brown. I love how he can take a common object, or concept and create controversy and provoke new ways of thinking from it. So, with this topic, I could write in a similar style to him and create a story with a weapon as the center piece. Here is a website that illustrates the weapons and their meanings: https://www.swamirara.com/weapons-indian-gods/

For my second idea, I have chosen the topic of Indian music. Music is one of the most important things in my life. For this reason, I think that I could use my knowledge to create a great project! India is very rich in music and culture, which I don't know terribly much about. It would be an excellent learning opportunity. There are many differences between American and Indian music, from tuning systems to instrumentation! Using this as a focal point could also be very versatile when it comes to settings and characters.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_of_India

Third, I looked at the option of Temples. I have traveled to several places, including both Italy and China. Some of my favorite and most impactful experiences were seeing the cathedrals and temples and learning about the traditions that take place in them. This is one of the most interesting things about different cultures, in my opinion. According to some of the research Ive done, there are so many different layouts, styles of architecture and stories about temple builders! I think there is a lot to learn regarding this topic. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindu_temple_architecture
(View from atop the Basilica of St. Francis in Assisi. Personal Photo)


Lastly, I looked into "The Ramayana Told Your Way." While I have only read halfway through it this far, I have found it very interesting. There are so many characters and happenings that would be very exciting to be able to reintroduce in my own way. The Ramayana has had episodes that have had extremely detailed imagery that could be interesting to retell in a different setting or surrounding different characters. https://www.britannica.com/topic/Ramayana-Indian-epic


Comments