Reading Notes-Ramayana Week 5

Nine Ideal Indian Women: Sita, Promila, and Shakuntala

I already like this reading because it gives backstory to Sita!
In section II, I like the story it tells. Like the family described, in my personal family, I also have several sisters who are all best friends and a dad who cares deeply! This is a story that can be told in so many different ways. This could be made into a more contemporary story with suitors trying to win a fathers trust.
Section 5 has so much imagery for a wedding day. I would like to retell this in a modern setting. Maybe changing flags, elephants and horses to flowers and cars and such. It is also such a sweet story of how Rama and Sita experienced love at first sight. This version of the Ramayana is much more romantic! I really like it. Lastly, I want to more strongly romanticize the success of Rama in breaking the bow. This section is arguably the most exciting and triumphant!

(Rama breaking the bow. Taken from Wikipedia commons)

Source:
http://iereadingguides.blogspot.com/2014/05/reading-guide-week-1-devee-sita.html
Author: Devee

Comments