Reading Notes: Ramayana Part D

Ravana's Death:
I chose this episode because it could be related to the fall of any"bad guy." The arrows and Brahma's weapon could be changed into different weapons for the sake of the setting of the story I choose. I also like the poetic version. It is much more descriptive and I could use this as inspiration to make my story more detailed and engaging. "Unseen harps and timbrels rose a soft celestial strain." I like this quote because its relation to music. I will be sure to have some sort of music playing in my retelling.

Rama and Sita:
This episode made me sad. :( I thought Rama would be overjoyed to see Sita. You can tell that he doesnt want to do what he says he has to... I might like to retell this episode with a more heartwarming ending.

Sita Tested:
 Well...spoke too soon. I love that in this story, Sita recognizes that she is not at fault and stands up for herself. This episode almost sounds like a court trial of some sort. Sita had to be proven, and in the end, when she was proven, all was better than it would have been otherwise. But in this moment, Rama is also proving himself as just and wise.
Also, this is when Rama is told that he is actually a god...pretty cool stuff.

Rama and Bharata:
I love this episode, because it is showing that Bharata was not only faithful to his brother, but also to a god without hi even realizing it.


( Rama and Sita, Taken from Wikimedia.) 

Ramayana PDE
Sources used: M. Dutt, R. Dutt, Gould, Griffith, Hodgson, Mackenzie, Nivedita, Oman, Richardson, and Ryder.

Comments