Reading Notes: Mahabharta Part A

Mahabharata: 


12. Pandavas and Kauravas

I like this story for its imagery and description. I could take whats already written and set it into a different time period or change the setting. Also, I like how the description of the sages portrays them so mystically. In my retelling, I could make them seem as ethereal and otherworldly as possible. Maybe I could take inspiration from my "favorite places" blog and set it in wyoming, and the sages live in the mountains?

17. The Contest

I have not yet done a retelling of a poetic episode.. so this could be a new challenge for me. When it says "drew the scene", I feel like this could be an opportunity for some heavy description. I wonder if these bows could draw any similarities to Rama's bow that killed Ravana?

The archer. From PDE.


Mahabharata Online: Public Domain Edition

Sources used: Arnold, Besant, Devee, Dutt, Ganguli, Kincaid, Macfie, Mackenzie, Nivedita, Seeger, and Tagore.

Comments