Reading Notes: Mahabharata C

Krishna's Mission:

For this story, I would retell in modern setting. The Pandavas would be modern soldiers and Sanjaya would travel to meet them at a war camp, where a huge army had assembled. When Krishna does not return, it becomes a special operation to retrieve him. When they attempt, a huge number of soldiers show themselves as the protectors of Krishna.

The Battle Begins:

As above, I would set this as a more modern battle. Instead of drums and war shells, they would sneak quietly upon the enemy. When the battle breaks out, I will use more modern-movie like descriptions of war. Each day of war, I will create a tangible concept of an event that happens, as the episode is not very specific. On day three, I will keep the concept of the crescent formation. Rather than horses being killed, I will replace it with tanks or trucks. Rather than headless men coming back, I will replace it with men who have been shot or stabbed who continue to fight in spite of a fatal injury.

(The Battle Continues. Taken from Wikimedia.)

PDE Mahabharata
Sources used: Arnold, Besant, Devee, Dutt, Ganguli, Kincaid, Macfie, Mackenzie, Nivedita, Seeger, and Tagore.

Comments