Topic Brainstorm

For my first storybook idea, I would love to do something music related. I have a lot of knowledge on this topic, so I feel that I could make it accurate. India is very rich in music and culture, which I don't know terribly much about. It would be an excellent learning opportunity. There are many differences between American and Indian music, from tuning systems to instrumentation! Using this as a focal point could also be very versatile when it comes to settings and characters. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_of_India

My freshman year of college, I was able to study abroad in Italy with PCS, and this upcoming summer, I am touring throughout Poland as a part of a choir! I have always been infatuated with the art, music and culture of Europe and I think it would be so fun to go all "Dan Brown" on this project! For my second idea, I would like to relate the story to another area of the world and tell it in a "historical fiction" kind of manner. This topic might be a stretch to pull off having to cross cultural borders and such, but it could still be fun. https://europeanmission.redcliffe.ac.uk/vista-communicating-research-and-innovation/the-values-of-europe-family-work-society-politics-and-religion/



(All personal photos of Arezzo, Assisi, Rome and Assisi, respectively.)

For my third idea, I have this concept in my minds eye of a story that relates the story to my personal position in life. Perhaps re-telling a story surrounding a 22 year old girl in college! It would be very easy to draw on my own emotions and experiences in order to create a good story! For my link on this one: see my "Introduction to a Future Music Teacher" blog. It tells you a little more about me. 

Throughout my life, I have been an avid reader. I love all kinds of books, but my favorites have always been mysteries. So, for this idea, I have thought up two different ways to incorporate this. 1.) The story could be a mystery itself. I could re-tell it in such a way that mimics a good old mystery novel. 2.) It could be about the writing of book, or about an author or something of that nature. http://www.writersdigest.com/writing-articles/by-writing-goal/get-published-sell-my-work/give-em-what-they-want-excerpt

If you have any ideas or helpful info on these topics, feel free to comment. See you next time. 
Happy until! 
-Jessie

Comments