Storybook Favorites

My first favorite storybook is "Hogwarts: The Loyalty of Brothers" by Katie. The first thing that caught my attention was the name. I am a large Harry Potter fan and I was immediately interested. Second, I love that she has given a run-down of the characters for any reader that might not be familiar with Harry Potter. I think it is very useful and thoughtful! The way she changed the "houses" to suit Indian history was very clever as well. I think that this storybook was very well designed in order to make the reader interested in learning new histories. Aesthetically, I think the pictures did a great job of setting the mood for the story. I have attached my favorite below:
(Taken from Hogwarts: Loyalty of Brothers. The Battle of Hogwarts. https://sites.google.com/view/katienichols/welcome-to-hogwarts)



The first thing that drew me to "Temple of Doom" was once again, the title. I grew up watching Indiana Jones and it immediately reminded me of the movies. I was drawn to read it! The title page had a very mysterious aesthetic about it that I like! I am seeing a lot of things that I would like to use in my own story, like the moving fog in the background! The links to the different parts of the story confused me at first, but they are very creative! I like that she writes with a lot of dialogue. It is like reading an actual book. Loved it.


The last story book I've chosen is Paranormal: The Ayodhya Files. Although the look of the page is kind of scary, it definitely gets the point across and creates the right atmosphere. I also think the different chapter being called "case files" is quite clever. I am a sucker for mystery books as well as history books, so this compilation of mystery while still teaching is very intriguing to me. I also really like the authors notes at the end of the page. It gives insight to what the actual story is, which is awesome!  

Comments