Reading Notes: The Cunning Crane and the Crab

I am going to focus on a couple of stories a liked in particular. 

The Cunning Crane and Crab:
I liked this story quite a lot. I think that there a re several good talking points and several concepts that can be taken and molded into a new story. 
First of all, I like the "what goes around comes around" theme. The crane got away with his scheme, but it eventually stung him in the end. This could be a good basis for the concept of a villain, and can be applied to many different storylines/settings. 
Next, I like the theme surround the crab using his wit. This is a heroic quality and once again can be used not only for a main character in a story, but can also be applied to other characters as well. 

W. H. D. Rouse

The Monkey who Gathered Lotuses:
To begin, there is family controversy which can be used in a new story. Second, I like the terms Dexterity, Valor and Resource. These could be expanded on in other storylines. The flowers could also be given a more symbolic meaning. 
Robert Chalmers

(Lotus flower from Pixabay)

Comments