Growth Mindset Thoughts

I have never heard of Dr. Dweck before nor have I heard of the growth mindset. I am very interested in what I've heard, though! I have been unaware of it until now, but I have definitely grown up being focused on specific grades rather than improvement. I think that this is a very important topic in order for there to be success in the field of education. No student is going to want to learn or try if they expect to fail. They could also have less motivation if they were to put in effort and still receive a less than desirable grade. I think this mindset should be instilled in our educators. Humans are unique and we should individualize education in order to foster growth. Think concept of specific grades, while beneficial to some students, can be . large hinderance to others. I think that we need to make education more accessible and friendly, bottom line. 
(Taken from "Growth Mindset Resources" blog.)

I love this image, because its message should be widely spread. I think Dr. Dweck is really on t something. I am going to make a more conscious effort to be aware of my improvements rather than my end goal. I am excited to learn more on this topic. Thanks for reading, friends.
Happy until!
-Jessie 

Comments

  1. Hi Jessie! I completely agree with your opinion. What is important about school is not necessarily your grades but what you learn. As long as you learn something or learn from mistakes and failure that is success. I never put two and two together until this semester. Currently, I am in a class where my professor just doesn't understand why students are so focused on the number from grades. My professor made me realize that it is about the process of getting those grades. After focusing on that I really think I have done better in school because of that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment