Feedback Thoughts

I read "5 Tips for Taking Feedback Like a Champ". This is something I can always be improving on. Feedback is never an easy thing to take, specifically when it is negative or critical. I wish I would've read this before beginning music school. As a performer, criticism is almost an everyday thing. Whether it be voice or piano or teaching, I am always being assessed! Sometimes, I have a hard time when it is especially negative. I like the article because it reminds you that feedback means that there is still room to grow and be better. Progress is a good thing!! And, outside perspective drives it.

Next, I read "Recalibrating the Perfectionist Mind". I think everyone has a few perfectionist qualities in them, so this article is for everyone! I like this article because it talks about healthy mechanisms to cope with stress and nervousness. It is encouraging positivity and progress rather than negative thoughts after a poor performance.

(Inspirational quote. Google Images.)

Comments